Stereotypes in manga

Black People in Manga



Being half black myself, seeing other races, especially black people represented in Manga is really humorous. This topic is always relevant amongst manga  fans I meet. Most of my friends that enjoy manga are black and they always complain how there is very little representation of black people in anime. In fact it is really popular to recreate black versions of popular characters.

I think a show like the Boondocks captures the desire in aesthetics that younger audiences desire in manga and applies the relevant black culture and comedy to create a unique show that is constantly being praised whenever I talk to someone about it. The stereotypes are very apparent in Anime as seen in the examples above.

Comments

  1. Mr. Popo is my favorite DBZ character because of the Abridged.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts